In 1988, recent business administration graduate Luigi Pallota founded Les Constructions Lavacon, whose head office is now located in Ahuntsic-Cartierville.
Having already gained experience executing many construction mandates during his studies , the young entrepreneur was awarded many contracts of increasing importance in the commercial and industrial fields.
An expertise developped through the management of complex projects
In 1991, a turning point for Lavacon was the completion of a public construction project, the Dorval fire station. Subsequently, the company was entrusted with many large-scale institutional projects as well as various private projects in the industrial or commercial fields.
Our good performance in the public sector, where projects are often more complex, allowed us to develop a sought-after expertise. Many achievements illustrate our know-how and serve as leading references in the industry, such as:
- In 1992, construction of a psychiatric ward in the Archambault detention facility in Ste-Anne-des-Plaines. From a management standpoint, this project was very challenging because of the high-risk prison setting.
- In 1997, construction of the Georges-Vanier sports center for the city of Montreal. This project included the construction of a semi-olympic swimming pool. It presented some interesting architectural challenges with its large glass facade. The sports center was an Orange award winner and was showcased in the prestigious Canadian Architect magazine.
- In 2000, one storey addition to the Doubletex factory without interfering with its activities.
- In 2002, expansion and renovation of the Albert-Dumouchel Theatre in an historical building. Since the theatre was a key structural component, the work needed to be done without impacting the existing building.
- In 2003, construction for the Cégep régional de Lanaudière of food processing laboratories following the HACCP reference standard. A unique project in the province.
- In 2012, expansion and refurbishment of the Victor-Doré School in Montreal, a facility for children coping with disabilities. The main challenge was to carry out this project without interfering with the school activities.
Today, Lavacon is also active in the private sector, mainly in the industrial and commercial real estate sectors while maintaining its position in the institutional sector. Lavacon’s history is still being written. Based on your trust, the best projects are yet to come!